Re: Proposed patch for error locations

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Proposed patch for error locations
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Dear Tom,

> I haven't gone further than making it finger the locations of bogus column
> references, operators, and functions --- it's probably worth improving
> TypeCast and maybe a few other raw-parse-tree constructs too.

Yes. Other area would also benefit, such as type names:

psql: CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS INTEGET LANGUAGE plpgsql AS ...
ERROR:  type "integet" does not exist

That is a kind of "entry level" user features which are good for my
students ... as well as myself. Thus I'm looking forward to have more help
along those lines, although I cannot give a hand at the time.

--
Fabien.