Re: Syntax Help Requested

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Syntax Help Requested
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> That last is a SQL command, not a shell command, and anyway it would
> default to assuming you were trying to grant privileges on a table named
> "contacts" not a database named contacts.

Tom,

   I should have been clearer, that I was logged in to psql when I issued the
latter command.

   An off-list suggestion to use the syntax shown in psql's '\h grant' seems
to have worked:
              grant all priviledges on database contacts to xrms;
returned no errors.

> You didn't show us any attempt to create anything in contacts ...

   The install script does this.

> What exactly happens when you try to run the script?

   I get a bunch of error messages. I've passed those on to the xrms
developers.

> With the default setup it shouldn't really matter whether xrms is the owner
> of the contacts database or not.

   I didn't think so.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.