Syntax Help Requested

От Rich Shepard
Тема Syntax Help Requested
Дата
Re: Syntax Help Requested  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
   I'm working with the XRMS Contact Management System developers to get the
application working with postgres as well as the original MySQL. My role is
trying what they've produced and reporting errors.

   The application runs on a httpd server (apache-1.3.34 here) with any
browser; similar to SQL-Ledger, but xrms is written in php rather than perl.

   I've not yet been able to get last Friday's CVS version to install properly
after I dropped the old database and created a new one. I'm still missing
something on the proper syntax to grant priviledges to these tables to the
application. I'd appreciate some help translating from mysql to postgres
here.

   Following are what the INSTALL file provides for MySQL, and what I've done
in postgresql-8.1.2.

mysql:

Create a MySQL database to hold the XRMS tables, and pick a valid MySQL
account for XRMS to use.

Example:
    from a mysql prompt
    create database xrms;
    grant all privileges on xrms.* to xrms@localhost identified by
'yourpasswordhere';

postgres (from my user account):

createdb contacts
createuser xrms     # This creates the ROLE xrms
grant all on contacts to xrms; # This generates an error at 'to'.

   When I request a list of databases (psql -l), the one named contacts is
there. However, when I open the database (psql contacts), there's no one
home; that is, 'psql -d' returns 'no relations found.'

   I need a clue on how to let user 'xrms' access the database 'contacts' so
the install script runs correctly.

TIA,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.