Re: Viewing Database Scheme

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Viewing Database Scheme
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Doug McNaught wrote:

> You can either use 'pg_dump --schema-only' as another poster
> suggested, or use the '\o' command in psql.

   When I try 'pg_dump --schema-only' I get a continuation prompt, even with a
semicolon at the end of the command line. A second semicolon produces this:

contacts=# pg_dump --schema-only;
contacts-# ;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pg_dump" at character 1
LINE 1: pg_dump
         ^
   If I use the \o command (with or without a file name) I get the command
prompt and no results.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"