Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> Could you provide a sample session, from login to psql to logout? The added
> information may give someone on the list more insight into what's going
> wrong.

Michael,

   Sure:

[rshepard@salmo ~]$ su postgres
Password:
postgres@salmo:/home/rshepard$ psql

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help with psql commands
        \q to quit

postgres=# create database testcase
postgres-# \q
postgres@salmo:/home/rshepard$ psql -l
           List of databases
     Name     |   Owner    | Encoding
-------------+------------+-----------
  aesi        | sql-ledger | LATIN1
  contacts    | rshepard   | SQL_ASCII
  eiabusiness | rshepard   | SQL_ASCII
  postgres    | postgres   | SQL_ASCII
  template0   | postgres   | SQL_ASCII
  template1   | postgres   | SQL_ASCII
  test        | postgres   | SQL_ASCII
  webcollab   | rshepard   | SQL_ASCII
(8 rows)

postgres@salmo:/home/rshepard$ exit
exit
[rshepard@salmo ~]$

> Without adding a database to connect to, psql defaults to connect to a
> database with the same name as the user. As of PostgreSQL 8.1, there is a
> default database named postgres. When use run psql as user postgres, you
> should be connecting to the postgres database.

   Ah! I see.

> You may also want to read the release notes (in the documentation or on the
> website) to see if there are other changes that may be unknowingly
> affecting you.

   I will certainly do this. I was aware of changes and that's why I bought
the Douglas/Douglas book. Regardless, I'll read the release notes and my pdf
copy of the manual.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"

Сообщение: Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?
Сообщение: Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?