Re: Upgrade Problem: 7.4.3 -> 8.1.2

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrade Problem: 7.4.3 -> 8.1.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> This looks like you are trying to use an 8.1 psql to talk to a 7.4
> postmaster. Database "postgres" should exist by default in an 8.1
> installation but it would not in 7.4. Better check which postmaster is
> really running.

Tom,

   Yes. That seems to have been the problem. I killed the running postmaster
(I presume 7.4.3) process and finally restarted the new one. I had permission
problems on /var/lib/pgsql/data (it needed to be 0700), then I could start it
using the script (/etc/rc.d/rc.postgresql start). Now I see a new process,
27964 pts/2    S      0:00 /usr/bin/postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
where the old one was pointing to a data directory of /usr/local/pgsql/data.

   So far so good. Then, as user postgres and in /var/lib/pgsql I ran 'psql -f
/var/tmp/backup.sql' ... and the screen was filled with what looked like good
progress. I've attached the serverlog.

   But, trying to access SQL-Ledger still gives me internal server errors when
I try to log in.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"