Re: Upgrade Problem: 7.4.3 -> 8.1.2

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrade Problem: 7.4.3 -> 8.1.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> What happens when you psql -U postgres template1 ?

   A-ha!

Welcome to psql 8.1.2 (server 7.4.3), the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help with psql commands
        \q to quit

WARNING:  You are connected to a server with major version 7.4,
but your psql client is major version 8.1.  Some backslash commands,
such as \d, might not work properly.

   Now, it's accessing data in /usr/local/pgsql/data. So, it's now necessary
to stop the old server and start the new one. I thought that I had done that,
but obviously not.

   Your patience, Josh and Doug, is very much appreciated. I'm learning what I
should probably have learned several years ago, and these messages will be
kept for future reference. What's the next step?

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"

Сообщение: Re: Upgrade Problem: 7.4.3 -> 8.1.2
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade Problem: 7.4.3 -> 8.1.2