Re: Upgrade Problem: 7.4.3 -> 8.1.2

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrade Problem: 7.4.3 -> 8.1.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Doug McNaught wrote:

> Did you tell pg_restore to read from a file?  Otherwise it will try to read
> from your terminal, which probably isn't what you want.

Doug,

   No, I didn't. I've no idea where the file was dumped, so I've no idea of
the name or location. Reading in Douglas*2 PostgreSQL book (pages 872-873),
they write nothing about giving pg_dumpall a file name/location nor that
pg_restore needs that information. They do write that pg_restore wants a dump
produced with -format=c or -format=t, without further explanation.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"