Re: catalog corruption bug

От Jeremy Drake
Тема Re: catalog corruption bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> Does your application drop these temp tables explicitly, or leave them
> to be dropped automatically during commit?  It might be interesting to
> see whether changing that makes any difference.

I drop them explicitly at the end of the function.

> I'm also curious
> whether the transaction that makes the temp table is ever rolled back
> instead of committed.

Not intentionally/explicitly.  The only time it should roll back is if it
gets an error (which tends to be this error).  I do sometimes hit ^C on
the perl scripts to tweak something, which would roll it back if in this
particular code, but I don't think i did that on the last run at least.

--
Every little picofarad has a nanohenry all its own.    -- Don Vonada