Re: 8.1 Release Candidate 1 Bundled ...

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: 8.1 Release Candidate 1 Bundled ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> http://developer.postgresql.org/~devrim/rpms/8.1/rc1
>
> The developer.postgresql.org machine really isn't geared to handle
> downloads.. Any reason you can't just stick it on the standard ftp sites
> and have it mirrored along with everything else?

This is taken from our spec:
# Pre-release RPM's should not be put up on the public ftp.postgresql.org server
# -- only test releases or full releases should be.

So thinking that:

* Beta and RC RPMs are used only by testers
* We use the beta and RC steps to build the new RPM sets, so that means
that actually they are not production quality looking from the RPM
perspective.

That's why I put them to developer site.

Another reason was that gunduz.org was unavailable for 2 months (and
putting the PGDG RPMs to my site does not sound good).

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr

Сообщение: Re: 8.1 Release Candidate 1 Bundled ...
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 Release Candidate 1 Bundled ...