Re: 8.04 and RedHat/CentOS init script issue

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: 8.04 and RedHat/CentOS init script issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Tony Caduto wrote:

> I installed 8.04 via RPM on Centos 4.2 which is the same as RedHat 4.2 and
> while booting the init script reports that the daemon [FAILED], but after I
> logon it shows the postmaster running and I am able to connect from any
> client remotely.
>
> I made not modifcations to the script and there is nothing out of the
> ordinary in the log.

Hmm. In 8.0.4 RPM init scripts, we were using a 1 second of sleep time
(see sleep 1 line in the init script). On some cases where the system is
slow, you are prompted about the startup failure; however this is not the
real case.

In 8.1 RPMs, the sleep time was increased to 2 seconds; which we believe
that won't have the problem you've reported:

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgsqlrpms/patches/8.1/postgresql.init?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

So please increase this sleep time and give another try.

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr