Re: Help in avoiding a query 'Warm-Up' period/shared buffer

От: David Lang
Тема: Re: Help in avoiding a query 'Warm-Up' period/shared buffer
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Help in avoiding a query 'Warm-Up' period/shared buffer cache  (Mark Liberman, )
 Re: Help in avoiding a query 'Warm-Up' period/shared buffer cache  ("Qingqing Zhou", )
  Re: Help in avoiding a query 'Warm-Up' period/shared buffer cache  (Mark Liberman, )
   Re: Help in avoiding a query 'Warm-Up' period/shared buffer  (David Lang, )
    Re: Help in avoiding a query 'Warm-Up' period/shared buffer  ("Jim C. Nasby", )

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Mark Liberman wrote:

> Obviously, I will be testing this - but it might take a few days, as I haven't
> figure out how to simulate the "period of inactivity" to get the data flushed
> out of the cache ... so I have to run this each morning.

cat large_file >/dev/null

will probably do a pretty good job of this (especially if large_file is
noticably larger then the amount of ram you have)

David Lang