Re: plperl vs plpgsql

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: plperl vs plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Alex wrote:

> Is there a performance difference between the two?

Hello,

It depends on what you are using it for. My experience is that for some
reason plPGSQL is faster when looping but other than that they should
be very similar.

> which of the PL is most widely used. One problem i have with the plpgsql is
> that the quoting is really a pain.

plpgsql but I believe that will change in a short period of time.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting