Re: duplicate rows mystery

От Gerry Jensen
Тема Re: duplicate rows mystery
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Sorry.  That was a typo in my post.  I switched the table names in my
SELECT INTO line in my post (I tested it again to make sure that's not
what I did in psql and my results were the same).  price was the original
table with duplicate rows.  What I really did was:

select distinct on (symbol, date) * into pricebackup from price;

then:

create unique index price_symbol_date on pricebackup (symbol, date);

Yet it still gave me the duplicate value errors.  How is this possible?

Thanks,

Gerry