Re: PostgreSQL missing in SuSE 10?

От Reinhard Max
Тема Re: PostgreSQL missing in SuSE 10?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 at 18:59, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Gregory Youngblood <pgcluster@netio.org> writes:
> > > I've been using SuSE and PostgreSQL for a fairly long time.
> > > Recently (last 12 months), I've noticed that the 9.x (9.2 and
> > > 9.3 specifically) versions of SuSE do not include PostgreSQL on
> > > the CD install -- only on the DVD. At first (9.2), I thought it
> > > was just a glitch that didn't get fixed in 9.3. Now, it seems to
> > > have been deliberate.
> >
> > The right thing to do is complain.
>
> It might also be good to ask Reinhard about this. (CC'ed to him)
>
> Reinhard?

It's simply a space problem. We have much more packages than there is
space on five CDs, and so some packages are only contained on the DVD.
As the main focus of the CD set is on desktop/client side/end user
applications, stuff like the PostgreSQL server package is among the
first to be left out if we run out of CD space.

Possible workarounds are:
 - copy the package from a machine that has a DVD drive
 - install the package from the FTP version of SUSE Linux.
 - get a DVD drive (they are cheap these days) ;)

cu
    Reinhard