Re: [GENERAL] plPHP in core?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [GENERAL] plPHP in core?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Oh you do need PHP installed you just don't need the source. As
>> everyone knows ;) I am not a c-programmer and I do not know the finer
>> details. I can of course find out from my developers.
>
> Well, that doesn't solve the circular build dependency issue then.
> Before you can install PHP you already need PostgreSQL (libpq)
> installed.  So nothing relevant to that issue has changed, as far as I
> can see.

Uhhmmm no? You only need libpq installed if you want postgresql client
side support but I will double check.

Actually as I think about it... that is not the case even now. When we
download the php source the base configure before compile is:

./configure --disable-all

Thus no use of PostgreSQL whatsoever.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake