Re: Planning aggregates which require sorted or distinct

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: Planning aggregates which require sorted or distinct
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 19 Jan 2007, Karen Hill wrote:

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > Recenly, I've been researching and putting together a proposal for window
> > functions.
>
> Implementing NULLS FIRST and NULLS LAST appears like another
> challenging step to getting window functions wrapped up.  Has your
> research lead you to any ideas on what your strategy for NULLS FIRST
> and NULLS LAST likely would be?

Explicit handling of NULL is only in the Oracle extension to window
functions. I will look at the core SQL functionality first -- maybe with
the extension of 'LEAD' and 'LAG' because they are heavily utilitised by
those using window functions.

Besides, Tom's been working on NULLS FIRST/LAST already.

gavin