Re: Obtaining information on the schema of tables which

От Daniel Ariel
Тема Re: Obtaining information on the schema of tables which
Дата
Re: Obtaining information on the schema of tables which  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
> I think what he was complaining about was that information_schema
> restricts access to many things unless you are the table owner.
> This is per SQL99, but SQL2003 seems to have relaxed the rules to
> allow you to see info about tables you can access (ie, have nonzero
> rights for).  Updating the information_schema to follow the SQL2003
> rules is on the to-do list, but I dunno if anyone is actively working
> on it.  (Peter?)

Tom's interpretation is correct.

Is the required work to update to SQL2003 merely an update of the SQL of
the views in information_schema ? If it would expedite matters I would
be willing to help modify the SQL accordingly.

Daniel