Re: Which qsort is used

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Which qsort is used
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Luke Lonergan wrote:

> Overall - I'd say that the BSD routine is showing the best overall results
> when the scale test is included.  The qsortG routine has some significantly
> better performance in certain cases at smaller sort set sizes - it could
> probably be improved for better L2 use, but BSD is already there.
>
> Based on this it seems like we should expose the option to choose the BSD
> qsort routine at configure time.

Before we pin down this, I hope more extensive tests on various platforms
could be done. So we could give some suggestions when we should enable the
"--enable-bsdqsort" option. I can post a result on a SunOS machine (but
the problem is that many ppl share this machine) and a windows machine.

Regards,
Qingqing