Re: [ADMIN] ERROR: could not read block

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: [ADMIN] ERROR: could not read block
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> > !                 default:
> > !                     _dosmaperr(error);
> > !                     Assert(errno != EINTR);
>
> What's the point of that ... didn't it already happen inside read()?

Recall that we have some reports that read() failed to convert some
windows error number to some meaningful errno. For example, the
ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION error was converted to EINVAL. So we do it
ourselves here and we can get better diagnostic information if this error
is reported again.

Regards,
Qingqing