Re: tablespace and sequences?

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: tablespace and sequences?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> In point of fact I think this discussion is much ado about nothing, as
> there is already a workaround

Just call that a kludge as it means that the admin is expected to create
as many dummy and unknown (if you have a custom dump file)  tablespaces as
necessary to please pg_restore.

These useless tablespaces just create a mess in the database, that I will
have to clean afterwards... if I can!

Then bad news, ISTM that altering the tablespace of an index, a sequence
or a schema is not implemented. So I'll have to move the files and links
around, and update manually the catalog entries, or possibly drop and
recreate all indexes... I hope I won't have large objects around, because
it might look really bad then. What a nice piece of restoration;-)

So basically I'll have created stupid directories and tablespaces and
there is no way to fix them afterwards even if they are meaningless:-(

> that is about as simple as anything that we would likely be able to
> substitute.

I really think a better job can and should be done, at least from the user
perspective.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr