Re: tablespace and sequences?

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: tablespace and sequences?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > If the location doesn't exist will postgresql try to create it? istm
> > it could do this and if it fails then you are no worse off, but if it
> > were to succeed you're that much better off.
>
> Yea, I assume if you can't create the tablespace you put everything for
> that tablespace in the default tablespace.

If your talking about a restoration, the answer is NO.

It just fails, because on "CREATE TABLE foo ... TABLESPACE bla" the table
will not be created if tablespace bla does not exists, and so the
restoration will fail.

This is the current situation, and that's why I'm arguing in the void;-)

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr