Re: pgsql-server: PostgreSQL extension makefile framework

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgsql-server: PostgreSQL extension makefile framework
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Dear Peter,

> PostgreSQL extension makefile framework ("pgxs"), by Fabien Coelho, with
> some massaging by Peter Eisentraut.  This is basically a simple
> generalization of the existing contrib makefiles.

Thanks for your help.

I'm having a look at CVS know, and it seems to me that one cannot pgxs
"dynamic" stuff to install any contrib, because:

(1) all makefiles in contrib include directly "src/Makefile.global" which
    is generated by configure, although it is already included by the
    "src/makefiles/pgxs.mk" makefile anyway, so it seems to me that it
    is useless because redundant?

(2) only static includes are used, so I cannot use "pg_config --pgxs"
    approach to install a contrib against an already compiled postgresql?
    basically, you drop the USE_PGXS stuff for dynamic configuration
    of contrib makefiles, and I have found no replacement.

That does annoy me a little bit not to be able to use it, as it was one of
my motivations for doing all that stuff...

May I enquire on the rational for the current status?
Would it be possible to have both worlds?
If not, what is the actual issue?
What was broken with version 4 I sent?
Or am I missing something somewhere? I'm pretty jetlagged this afternoon...:-(

Thanks in advance,

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr