Re: Tablespace patch review

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: Tablespace patch review
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> >[snip]

> >>I just need to know what to add to the TODO list, and so we can answer
> >>people who are going to ask for this functionality.  Added to TODO:
> >>
> >>    * Allow reporting of which objects are in which tablespaces
> >>

> >Do we need an information_schema.tablespaces view as well as an update to
> >information_schema.{tables|indexes|...} ?
> >

> I checked this to implement it, and found it being less then trivial
> when *all* objects of a tablespace should be displayed, not just the
> ones in the current database.

I don't think we should try and show all objects for a tablespace in
information_schema. That, as you point out, is hard and possibly gets
users into some messy situations.

Being able to list all objects in a tablespace, including which databases
they are in, is clearly useful, however (eg: hunting down use of a give
tablespace that you want dropped). Sounds like a script in contrib (or the
main source tree?) to me.

Gavin