Re: Lexing with different charsets

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Lexing with different charsets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> My next question is about lexing. The spec says that one can use strings
> of different charsets in the queries, like:
>
>   ... WHERE field1 = _latin1'FooBar' and field2 = _utf8'Åäö'
>
> different charsets or this is not going to work very well.

Sorry for this maybe stupid question about an must-be-obvious hidden
rationnal behind this feature:

What "editor" or terminal is supposed to be able to generate text in
different encodings depending on the part of the sentence? I don't think I
have that in emacs. Or is it irrelevant??

I cannot see where I could use such a feature.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr