Re: Authentication drop-down?

От Jon Jensen
Тема Re: Authentication drop-down?
Дата
Re: Authentication drop-down?  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 22:58:46 +0000, Jon Jensen <jon@endpoint.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there some other way to do what I'm looking for here without the
> > authentication method fallthrough Josh proposes?
>
> Assuming people aren't sharing accounts, you could let any authorized
> postgres user connect using ident authentication as postgres. This
> should be usable any place you are willing to let the postgres user
> authenticate using ident.

That's true, but that doesn't satisfy the need. I want an automated
process running as OS user "postgres" to authenticate with ident, but I'd
also like to be able have, say, phpPgAdmin (running as user "apache")
connect as Pg user "postgres" via the UNIX socket using an MD5 password.
There's currently no way to do both AFAICT. I can create another superuser
with a different name so each user has different pg_hba settings, but
that's about it.

Jon

Сообщение: Re: Authentication drop-down?
Сообщение: Re: Authentication drop-down?