Re: Tablespaces

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: Tablespaces
Дата
Re: Tablespaces  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > Actually, I think that's a pretty good idea :-). I'd solves a bunch of
> > issues in the backend (postmaster start up can recurse through
> > $PGDATA/tablespaces looking for postmaster.pid files) and will also assist
> > admins with complex configurations (perhaps).
>
> Why are you asking about postmaster.pid files.  That file goes in the
> top level /data directory, no?

I was trying to be paranoid about users who have multiple postmasters on
the same machine and want to share a table space while both systems are
live. There'd be no mechanism to test for that situation if we didn't have
something like a postmaster.pid file. Is this being a little too paranoid?

Gavin