Re: postgres --help-config

От Jon Jensen
Тема Re: postgres --help-config
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Rod Taylor wrote:

> > > I wouldn't want the whole diff on the mail, but a link to the relevant
> > > diffs in cvsweb would be most useful (one for each changed file -- not ideal,
> > > but much better than nothing).  You're not the first one to suggest it ...
> >
> > I agree, it would be very useful. Marc, would it be possible to set this
> > up?
>
> I volunteer to provide a patch (after 7.4 release) to CVSMODULES to do
> this for emails and the $PostgreSQL$ bit.
>
> It will be based upon the freely available FreeBSD code line.

FreeBSD's CVS scripts are the ones I've used too, and they work well.

Perhaps it would make sense to have a separate mailing list so people who
only want to see commit notices and not full diffs will be happy?
Personally I don't find commit notices without diffs very useful -- if
forced to choose, I'd rather have diffs without notices. :) But I can
understand people not wanting to deal with the huge increase in message
sizes if they're on a slow dial-up link or whatever.

Jon