sugsestions

От ivan
Тема sugsestions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
What do you think about :

1. OPTION RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT (when function is created) change to RETURNS <val> ON NULL INPUT .... ???

2. CREATE TYPE .. with  INHERITS (..) like in CREATE TABLEbut type should be normaly with including base typecreate
typeA AS (A INT,B INT);

andcreate type B AS (C INT, D INT) INHERITS( A ); ==create type B AS (A INT, B INT, C INT, D INT );can be ??

3. For example :CREATE TABLE t1 (A  INT, B INT );CREATE TABLE t2 (C INT , D INT ) INHERITS(t1);
SELECT a.* FRom t2 a ; give me 4 cols (A,B,C and D)SELECT a.C,((t1)a).* FROM t2 a; should give me 3 cols (C,A and B)its
likein c++ , but in c++ you need to use ((t1&)a) cast it.I cant find the words in english , but i hope you understand
this.

4. This is q question . Is in SPI sth like try and catch () ? It would be very useful to error .. plpgsql should have
thistoo. (itd also from c++)

5. What do you think about crontab in postgres database , like pg_crontab ?

6. the last. i need to create function with only one select with security definer . The best way is to create function
withlanguage SQL . Problem is becaulse table from which is this select dont exists , jet. It will be a temp table .
Wheni create function [....] language SQL there is a error about non-exists table. So i have proposition to include
optionto create function command : WITH / WITHOUT CHECK ... ? or PRECOMPILE ? What do you think ?

thanks :>ivan