Re: problems restoring 7.2.1 dump to 7.3.2

От Ralph Graulich
Тема Re: problems restoring 7.2.1 dump to 7.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Andrew,

> Yes, I believe what Tom was suggesting is that you'll have to
> re-order the restore.  You can do this with the binary formats.  You
> need to generate a catalogue from the dump file, and then edit that
> by hand.

Thanks for your input. Finally I managed to do a full export old from old
version - import in new version cycle without any significant errors.
Although it was a tedious work, sorting depending relations (e.g. sequence
-> table -> triggers -> views -> pl/pgsql-procedures - failing, depending
on another table, so next sequence, next table, trigger, former
pl/pgsql-procedure, ah, needs another trigger it's referring to, etc.).

It took me a whole three days to rearrange about nearly 1.400 database
objects, couting sequences, triggers, tables, views, rules and pl/pgsql
procedures. So, one thing I learned: Before extending my project, first
accomplish a working upgrade path by writing down all dependencies ;-)

Kind regards and thanks for your help again, Tom and Andrew
... Ralph ...