Re: problems restoring 7.2.1 dump to 7.3.2

От Ralph Graulich
Тема Re: problems restoring 7.2.1 dump to 7.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

[...]
> In the meantime, the best available workaround is to pg_dump with -Fc or
> -Ft so that you can use pg_restore's facilities for re-ordering the
> objects at load time.  Or manually edit the dump file (may be easier if
> you dump schema and data separately).

I read about that option and tried a few combinations, but still I can't
it the export file to be restored without any error messages. Maybe I am
doing something basic wrong or is it still necessary to manually edit the
export file and rearrange the parts' order?

Kind regards
... Ralph ...