Re: after postgres upgrade - ERROR: current transaction

От Holger Marzen
Тема Re: after postgres upgrade - ERROR: current transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Abdul-Wahid Paterson wrote:

> I have had a site working for the last 2 years and have had no problems
> until at the weekend I replace my database server with a newer one. The
> database migration went like a dream and I had the whole db changed over
> in 1 hour.
>
> Since the upgrade I have been getting the following error message
> sporadically.
>
> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
> transaction block

[...]

> To put my theory to test, I have turned off the persistent connections
> on my site and everything appears to be working fine now. I now need to
> work out where to go from here as my server load is high and I would
> prefer to use persistent connections.

<crystal ball>
You made some error when importing the new database and now you have
some sequences with their counter not greater than the last sequence
number. So you get some insert errors within transactions, and then you
cannot issue any inserts or updates in that transaction until you do a
rollback.
</crystal ball>

--
PGP/GPG Key-ID: