Re: Win32 native port

От Jon Jensen
Тема Re: Win32 native port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Dann Corbit wrote:

> Did you read this:
> "This means that unless you modify the tools so that compiled
> executables do not make use of the Cygwin library, your compiled
> programs will also have to be free software distributed under the GPL
> with source code available to all."

I sure did. My understand was, and someone else already mentioned, that
you're just using Cygwin to faciliate the build process, but that the
final executable does not use any part of Cygwin at all. Kind of like
using GNU Emacs to edit the code, but not including it in the
distribution. Maybe I'm wrong on that -- since I haven't and don't plan to
build PostgreSQL on Windows, I may have missed something.

Jon