alter table differences on Cygwin and Linux?

От Aurangzeb M. Agha
Тема alter table differences on Cygwin and Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm having a major headache with my Java application.  I'm running the
same app on Cygwin (W2K) and Linux, accessing a Postgres DB.

I've applied the following SQL to both DB's:

alter table todo add column clubmusictypeid int;
alter table todo add column barmusictypeid int;
alter table todo add column numcinemascreens int;
alter table todo add column foodtypeid int;

Both DB's accept the SQL without any problem.  However, when I try and
access the 'todo' table on either Cygwin or Linux, I have a problem.

Everything works fine on Cygwin, but Linux chokes!

I don't know if there's something wrong (or incomplete) with the way I'm
doing the 'alter', or if there's a prob with the JDBC diver on the
different platforms.

On both systems, I'm running 7.2.3.  The Linux box is RH7.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it'll keep me from pulling out
the few ramining hairs I haven't already ripped out.

    Thx in Advance,
    Aurangzeb

PS -- Yes, I'm sure the code-base for my app on the two systems is EXACTLY
the same.