Re: [SQL] [GENERAL] CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

От Yury Bokhoncovich
Тема Re: [SQL] [GENERAL] CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello!

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Yes, I agree with you Manfred, but more people _don't_ want it to
> change, and like it the way it is, so we will just keep it and add
> now("string").

IMHO the best way could be GUC-default/SET session-based variable
controlling the behaviour. By default old Pg one, but ppl can set
standard-compliant. Such changes were done often in past, look at "group
by" behaviour changes 6.4->6.5, default Pg datetime representation format
change, etc. I think those who concern interoperability confirm that it's
much easy to add one SET per session then replace all CURRENT_STAMP to
now(blah-blah-blah). Moreover, ppl who need old behaviour can easily
revert to this by just one SET (in case GUC is set to new behaviour).

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg@center-f1.ru.