Re: Regex code versus Unicode chars beyond codepoint 255

От David Smith
Тема Re: Regex code versus Unicode chars beyond codepoint 255
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
on 2010-11-24 at 15:56, Tom Lane wrote:

> Bug #5766 points out that we're still not there yet in terms of having
> sane behavior for locale-specific regex operations in Unicode
> encoding. The reason it's not working is that regc_locale does this to
> expand the set of characters that are considered to match [[:alnum:]]
> : <SNIP>

and it would appear that nobody answered the email.

I am currently implementing a library system that needs to search by
whole word. I am using \m...\M regexes, and the DB is utf8, which
includes text in Hebrew, Greek, Arabic and various European character
sets. I need a solution to do whole word searches on the data, and this
either means fixing the value of alnum for utf8 to include all character
sets, or manually generating a list of all characters and reimplementing
a word-start/end in regex myself. I would prefer to avoid the latter if
at all possible!

What is the current status regarding a full character list for alnum for
utf8, and is there anything I can do to help get it working?

Thanks,

David