Flight numbers data

От Achilleus Mantzios
Тема Flight numbers data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, i am in the process of writing an application about
tickets, flights, etc, and i am thinking of getting the primitive
data ready at the begining and doing it the right way,
(e.g. the user will just select a flight number and doesnt
have to enter the airports, airport coordinates, countries,
airline name, airline code, departure/arrival times, etc...)

I found some sources on the web about airlines (codes, names, countries,
etc...), also i found about airports, but nothing about flight numbers!

This application will be for enterprise (internal) company use,
covering the flights of emploees around the world.

I was just wondering how internet ticket agents manage to do it.

Has anyone from the postgresql camp ever solved such a problem?

One point for me, is that my company is doing shipping,
and we are not in the travel agents business (IATA, standards etc..) at
all, so its hard for me to find the path to follow, and in addition,
going the full Travel Agent path would be an overkill, since what we need
is just an application for the tickets.

It is just that i wanna do it right, maybe play a little bit with AJAX
also who knows :)

Thanx for any hints.

--
-Achilleus