Re: postgres on the comman line

От Achilleus Mantzios
Тема Re: postgres on the comman line
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
O "Michael Hφller" έγραψε στις Sep 22, 2005 :

> Hello,
>
> I like to automate a daily check and like to run select statement via
> cron but this seems to be more tricky than I thought....
>
> I tried the following:
> su postgres -c "select count(*) from TABLE where xxxxxx;"

Firstoff, 'select' is nor a unix command, neither
a postgresql program.
So you need something like:

su postgres -c "psql -c 'select count(*) from TABLE where xxxxxx'"

If you are the only one with an account on the machine
then you might try to tweak ~postgres/data/pg_hba.conf
and set method 'trust' for local access (no tcpip,psql without the -h
option) .

Also you could set env variables PGPASSWORD, PGUSER.

> I have the probelm that I am allways asked for the password - I did not
> find a way how to pass the password.
>
> Also I like to direct the result to a file, I assume I can do this via >
> but not haveing passed the first problem I did not check this.
>
> I am happy for every hint
>
> Thanks a lot
> Michael

-Achilleus