Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2 - debugger

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Implementing SQL/PSM for PG 8.2 - debugger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Dave Cramer wrote:

> One thing bytecode would allow us to do is to write a debugger with
> break points etc.

We can write debugger with breakpoints without bytecode. Every stmt rec
can have flag if has breakpoints. No problem. I don't see any advance of
bytecode. Maybe, goto stmt is possible.

What is problem? We need synchronous comunication (message) between
backend frontend.

I have idea (in exec_stmt()
 CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS(); if (stmt->breakpoints)estate->debug_mode = true; if (estate->debug_mode) {for (;;){    rc =
request_command();   switch (rc)    {        case 'c': -- continue            estate->debug_mode = false;
break       case 'q':            elog(EXCEPTION, "stop debug");            break;        case 'n':            break;
   case 'l':              sendstring(line(estate->src,                stmt->lineno));

Please, can somebody help me with protocol enhancing? It is mayor work on
PL/pgSQL debugger (and plperl and plpython too).