Re: Backslash handling in strings

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: Backslash handling in strings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 31 May 2005, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> ...or ^V followed by TAB, as per age-old tradition.  :-)

Right, I forgot about that one. One can also do other control characters
instead of TAB by pressing CTRL-J and similar.

Well, I just wanted to point out that it's possible. The main problem is
still to make sure that old dumps work and can be imported. I don't see
how that can work without a GUC variable in addition to the E'foo' stuff
(but that's not so bad as it can be phased in to support old pg_dumps and
phased out again in pg 10 or something).

--
/Dennis Björklund