Re: Help me recovering data

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: Help me recovering data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17 Feb 2005, Greg Stark wrote:

> Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> > We do ~4000 txn/minute so in 6 month you are screewd up...
>
> Sure, but if you ran without vacuuming for 6 months, wouldn't you notice the
> huge slowdowns from all those dead tuples before that?

Most people that we have seen on irc that run into the problem do vacuum
some tables, but forget to vacuum all. Then their tables work fine but
suddenly some system tables like pg_databases and pg_shadow become empty
since they never was vacuumed...

--
/Dennis Björklund

Сообщение: Re: Design notes for BufMgrLock rewrite
Сообщение: Re: Design notes for BufMgrLock rewrite