Re: Scheduler in Postgres

От Ben
Тема Re: Scheduler in Postgres
Дата
Re: Scheduler in Postgres
Список pgsql-general
I have many such tasks. Depending on implementation, it has the potential
to be a TINY amount of less work to schedule such tasks from inside
the database, but it takes all of about a minute to schedule it through
cron. Including the amount of time it takes to refer to the man page.

Additionally, cron has already been written and is already maintained,
neither of which is true about an internal postgres scheduler.

I suppose I can see the point of needing a scheduler in postgres if you
don't give your DBAs access to cron, but from my point of view (for
whatever that's worth), giving your DBAs access to cron seems like a small
price to pay for an elegant database design.