Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> behavior.  The spec says you can put a numeric-GMT-offset zone in and
> get a numeric-GMT-offset zone out.  We can do that and also support
> named, possibly DST-aware zones.

So if I understand you correctly you are planning to extend the current
timestamp type to work with both named time zones and HH:MM ones? I didn't
think you wanted the last one since your plan was to store a UTC+OID where
the OID pointed to a named time zone. And I guess that you don't plan to
add 00:00, 00:01, 00:02, ... as named zones with an OID.

--
/Dennis Björklund