Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> than having two different types (the idea of a GUC variable to choose
> which one is selected by a given type name is just horrid).

That is needed no matter what change you do if you want old programs that
use the current timestamp with time zone to work. Today you don't get back
the same time zone as you insert, programs might depend on that.

> We are not fully there yet (can't do AT TIME ZONE conversions with all
> zones yet, for instance)

Why is that? When one start with a utc value, performing a AT TIME ZONE
operation doesn't look so complicated.

--
/Dennis Björklund

Сообщение: Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99
Сообщение: Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99