output branches before infinite recursion using connectby()?

От Zhenchang Xing
Тема output branches before infinite recursion using connectby()?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
hi,

is it possible to output the branches before the detection of infinite
recursion when using connectby()? My work is about software evolution
analysis. One of the questions i am interested in is class usage. For
example, class A uses B, B uses C, C uses D, and finally D uses A. I know
connectby() can detect infinite recursion, but it does not output
anything if such recursion is detected. Furthermore, to avoid infinite
recursion, the depth can be given in advance. But in the real world, I
cannot know in advance the the depth of such usage. It would be very helpful
if connectby() can output the branches before the detection of infinite
recursion. Take the above example, output: A uses B, B uses C, C uses D,
and stop when detecting D uses A.

thanks so much.
zhenchang