Re: monetary bug

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: monetary bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Karel Zak wrote:

>  I  think it's  pretty extendable  solution in  contrast to  the current
>  hardcoded  in/out  datetypes  functions.

Who are we formatting for? If the client wants the data in a specific
format then they can do SELECT to_char(...), or do the formatting in the
client all together.

If some client wants to render the column value as a bitmap image, let
them.  We don't need to build in everything a client wants to do in the
server.

The database should manage data, presenting it to the user in different
ways are the job of a client.

--
/Dennis Björklund