Re: Does psql use nested transactions?

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: Does psql use nested transactions?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17 Aug 2004, Greg Stark wrote:

> With Postgres I effectively have to work in autocommit mode. Starting over
> from scratch every time I make a typo is infeasible. It feels like trying to
> type in a C program using "cat". I've done it before but it's not something I
> want to repeat often.

I agree. I would like to not use autocommit but I do way to many syntax
errors for it to be practical in pg.

Autocommit for me is just a hack to get around the above "limitation".

> In an ideal world I would actually have suggested all drivers would want to
> work this way.

For interactive use I'd like simple errors like syntax error to not abort
a transaction. For other uses it's good that it aborts.

--
/Dennis Björklund