Re: Lexing with different charsets

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: Lexing with different charsets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> We could possibly do it if we restrict to ASCII-superset character sets
> (not UTF-16 for instance), so that the string quoting boundaries can be
> found without hardwired knowledge about every character set.

It's a reasonable compromise I guess. One can still support utf-16 and
others using the new wire protocol and maybe with some escaping extension
like:
_utf16 H'a42a1121311'

where H would be a way to form a string from hexencoded bytes (or
using the same as for bytea, or whatever). It's a problem for the future.

--
/Dennis Björklund

Сообщение: Re: Lexing with different charsets
Сообщение: Re: Lexing with different charsets