Re: locale

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: locale
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> And even more to the point, it would corrupt non-shared indexes
> inherited from template1.  This could not be finessed --- AFAICS you'd
> need to do the equivalent of a REINDEX in the new database to make it
> work.

From what I can tell there is only 3 tables we talk about:
 pg_database pg_shadow pg_group

and in each case there is the name column that is indexed (that matters to
us, int columns are the same no matter what locale).

These name columns all use the special name datatype, maybe one could
simply treat name differently, like comparing these strings bytewise.

For my small databases I don't even need an index on any of these. But I
can imaging someone having a couple of thousand users.

--
/Dennis Björklund