Re: make == as = ?

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: make == as = ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Is it bad code? Not for people who come from a C/C++/Java background.

It's not the sql operator.

Every week I meet MySql people that want to port their application to
another database and run into problems because they use some mysql
construct instead of the standard sql construct. I fail to see it as a
good thing for pg to add more non standard constructs where that standard
works fine. Extensions for things that are hard/impossible to do with
standard sql is a different thing (but should still be done with care).

If people want it I'd rather have them create the operators themself.
That's my view.

--
/Dennis Björklund